Friday, November 16, 2012

white.


"I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. 

If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. 

Lukewarm is no good. 

Hot is no good, either. 

White hot and passionate is the only thing to be."

- Roald Dahl 



This quote basically sums up this year so far in a nutshell. This past week has been a perfect example of running after your dreams with wreckless abandon. 

Sometimes it can feel totally out of control and you have moments of doubt, but at the end of the day, you realize it's a part of the process. 

I just got back from a wild dance show tonight, The Bazaar, which was full of new and vetern dancers/choreographers to the Toronto dance scene. Each number had to incorporate a Justin Timberlake song, and could be any style of dance. 

I grew up watching N'Sync videos and dancing around to JT at dance class, and I was apparent most of my peers there had as well. This was the perfect theme for our generation. Never before have I seen such interesting use of talent - fouettes with waacking, down and dirty hip hop crews slow jamming and so many flashbacks to my childhood. 

I left refreshed and full of ideas - I can't wait to get back in the studio and start moving around with some of my dancers. Something is brewing, I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment