Sunday, November 18, 2012

cart.


After how crazy it was trying to find an apartment this past September, it's hard to believe it's already been three months since I moved into my humble (new) abode.

After a few weeks of sleeping on an air mattress and using a dumpster-dive speaker as a chair, I saved up, put out the cash and have a furnished place. Hey, there's even a touch of art on the walls!

From here on out, it's all about the details. Those little items that are the "icing" to an apartment. They aren't essentials, but as I live here, I'm seeing places where I could put something.

There's a little section of the wall next to my kitchen that is screaming at me to make into a mini bar.
Thus, the hunt for a bar cart has begun.


In my last apartment, our makeshift bar created so much more room in our cupboards, and just looked grown up. It's time to make it happen here.

The challenge? Finding a cart without breaking the bank.

Option One: The Dream Cart 

Mrs. Lilen has the perfect cocktail companion cart. However, the $550 price tag is not something I'm good with.

The video campaign is awfully cute through. Check it out:


Option Two: The Economical Cart 

This little number, the IKEA Utility Cart is only $39.99 (pictured on the right).

I'm thinking this might be the best option - although there is limited storage space.

However, for this price, it can leave a few extra pesos to customize it and perhaps get a set of colourful glasses to display. 

Option Three: The Flea Market Find 

I have been religiously getting up every other weekend to dig through the treasures at the Saint Lawrence Market, another flea market in Little Italy and those antique stores along Queen West. There have been a couple potential carts, and this option will most likely yield a unique piece for a suitable amount.

Needless to say, the search continues...

If you see a cart somewhere (for a good price) let me know! Even better, snap a picture and tweet it to me (@PortiaFavro) - I'll do my darnest to be there to check it out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and this unusually beautiful weather we're having!

No comments:

Post a Comment