Wednesday, November 28, 2012

femme.

Last Friday night, I was having drinks with a girlfriend in a cozy pub after a wild work week.

After the first pint, the topic of conversation moved into an interesting territory - people's quirks. 

We  reminiced and fawned over some of our favourite things about people we either know (or don't), whined about another's behaviour, and little things we wanted to incorporate into our lives in the upcoming year. 

My friend said something interesting that really struck me. She said we all have our own little tidbits and guidelines to life, and there's probably someone out there trying to mirror one of them.

"You have your own rules Portia, think about it. We all do. It's the little mantras we repeat daily. The habits we have picked up. We do it without even knowing it."

This got me thinking. We have been idealizing certain people for their lifestyle choices forever. I have a little book about how live more like Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and other startlets. But what about the people around us? They're the ones with the goldmine of secrets.

I'm going to start asking and recording for two to three little mantras/details of what some of the ladies around us live their lives by. My hope is to have a list maybe at the end of each month of things I admire and notes to live life by.

Notes on December 

Have a signature beauty look - whether it's red lips, cat eyes, et cetera, be your own icon. 

Relish your days off and take full advantage of them. 

Always have your fingers and toes polished.

Never underestimate the power of a handwritten card. 

Have a bottle of champagne in the fridge chilled at all times. You never know when you'll need to celebrate, or sometimes the celebration is because there's champagne in the fridge. 




Got a manta/note? Let me know! It could make next month's list. Tweet me (@PortiaFavro) or comment below. 








No comments:

Post a Comment