Thursday, November 1, 2012

senses.

This month's mantra: 

"It's not about the dress you wear, but it's about the life you lead in the dress." 

Diana Vreeland




I feel like this is a topic we talk, write and analyze all the time. 

As well, a concept/reference is made with a tangible and relatable object, it can make total sense. 

Does that make sense? 

Let me back up. I always found all the sociology, psyhcology, et cetera very difficult because I couldn't physically see things in front of me. As a visual learner, I became very frustrated. 

That's why art history really worked. Seeing a physical object that showcased all the theories and applications made total sense. It also gave me a platform to question things, and have physical proof. 

Maybe that's what I mean about clothing. 

I wrote a post awhile back about memories through your clothes. What Vreeland is talking about is the stepping stone there. 

I remember so many fantastic (and not so fantatsic) moments of life through the clothes I've worn. True, I don't have the latest and the best of best in everything, but the pieces I do have fit, are my staples and have given me the confidence and that little something to get out there and do it. 

I'm a strong believer in these power outfits. They can make you feel on top of the universe. 

That isn't a tangible thing physically, but with the right shoes...who knows? 



No comments:

Post a Comment