Monday, November 19, 2012

mondays.



















A few years ago in a restaurant in the middle of Mexico, I remember reading this quote scribbled on the wall in black sharpie: 

"If we don't meet your epxectations, lower them. Then everything is a bonus". 

This year so far has been a bonus. I went into 2012 knowing I would graduate from university. I had it set my mind that I would work as hard possible to pursue my passions. 

Growing up, I was a control freak. I hated not knowing what was coming at my next. However, with the news, live performances and well, life, I have finally freed myself from these constriants.

Personally, I have had a few friends experience loss or have had their world turned upside down by things they can't control. This really hit me how small the window is for us to grab opportunities and run. Yes, not every one may be perfect, but it's experience. 

I've gotten some really lovely tweets, messages and texts in the last week of people saying it looks like I'm doing well. I'm very lucky to be in the right place at the right time, working with some incredible people. Looking at each day as an opportunity has changed what I do, and I am in full, wild pursuit to make my time here (whether it be in Toronto, or on Earth) as valuable as possible. 

However, I wouldn't be able to live the dream without the support of my amazing family and friends. Major shout out to you all, you're my village that has picked me up when I tripped and have my back. 

Just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment