Wednesday, October 30, 2013

whirlwind.

Whew...well the last few days have certainly been a bit of a whirlwind.

I have to say, I did not anticipate to see and be a part of so much dance happening in Vancouver!

Everywhere I go, I'm either running into dancers or teachers from class, seeing a poster to come take classes at various studios or for another show.

This past weekend I ended up at two dance shows celebrating various types of movement in the city. In many ways, these are the "networking" events of the dance world.

I got to see some incredible performers, choreographers and get a scope of the many companies and people involved in each.

As I'm moving more into a choreography and producing role (never fear, I won't stop performing anytime soon), it's been very interesting to be coming into a community fresh and seeing everyone for the first time.

Yes, I've already encountered some people I'm not interested in working with because of their attitude. However, the rest of you are still looking mighty fine - I'm looking forward to working with many of you throughout the coming year on some great projects.

What are you waiting for? Kick up those heels and get dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment