Saturday, October 5, 2013

marley.

Through a series of events, this past Thursday evening I ended up touring The Rickshaw Theatre in Vancouver's Chinatown area.

As my friend, the producer of February's show and I walked around the space, I truly felt that energy in a room.

You could just tell that this venue has seen a lot of good music, dancing, sweat, drinking and rock n roll.

As a performer, we spend so much time focusing on being ready for the stage. I have preached about expressed my love for "The Process" many times - however, I've seen this really only in the studio.

I'm getting older, my body is changing and so is my perspective. "The Process" doesn't just start when you go into rehearsals.

It's here, touring the venue and feeling the energy of the space.

I have been approached to choreograph and work on a new project called "The Lovers of Marley". This cabaret-style show will feature the music of the iconic Reggae artist, Bob Marley, featuring a cast of diverse dancers, actors, singers and other artists.

If you live in the Vancouver area, I highly urge you to come out to the audition tomorrow, Sunday, October 6 and show what you've got! Check out the details on Facebook here.

Have a lovely weekend and see you dancing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment