Tuesday, October 8, 2013

neil.

"And now go, and make interesting mistakes. 

Make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. 

Break rules. 

Leave the world more interesting for your being here. 

Make good art."

- Neil Gaiman

#preach.

This is something I'm really focusing on for the remainder of the year - making good art. 

I was talking to a colleague the other day about the struggle of being an artists, in whatever medium rings your bell. 

If it's your career, you never have quite enough time to process and gain those creative juices back to their full potential (girl has bills to pay!) However, when you take the time off, you're not miserable by any means, but you realize how much you crave every moment you have to create. 

Needless to say, I'm experimenting. 

I'm currently dancing, training and teaching, while working on other non-dance related projects. 

It feeling incredibe to be a student again, but also satisfying to have the opportunity to lead and train others in something I love.  

I fully admit, I have made some major mistakes in the past year, and I learned a lot. In particular, I learned when the time was to step back, reevaluate and take charge in a different and new direction. 

Let's go back to making art. Art for arts' sake. Passion projects. Whatever. I'm in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment