Saturday, October 19, 2013

home.

"Home is the result of intersecting lives.

It is the secondary color created by individuals in relationships...yes, home is the landscape of people, places, and things up which we live out life. 

But, it is mostly about people. 

That is why home can be a suburban neighbourhood, or a struggling farm or a ship at sea, or a war-torn nation. 

After all, home is where the hearts are." 

- Austin Sailsbury in Kinfolk Magazine, Volume V: In Search of Home 

When people ask where I'm from, my answer is often determined by how long I'll be socializing with them. 

After moving around a couple times during my childhood, high school years, then off to university and beyond...I don't have a solid "hometown". 

However, I have divine friends and contacts throughout Canada, the U.S. and the world, so the above quote certainly hits home (no pun intended) for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment