Sunday, October 20, 2013

happiness.

I stumbled on this article a few weeks ago, and for whatever reason, it really struck a chord with me.

As I read the piece, I immediately started thinking about my answers. The farther I got, the more I started thinking about how many answers have changed - especially over the past year.

I think this might be a great addition to goal lists. Taking a moment to check in and see where one is on our goal paths is always a good idea, but so is answering the eternal question: Am I happy? 

If not (or you're on your way, this is a good list to start with.

8 Things Every Happy Woman Should have 

A go-to drink 
Gin and tonic, extra limes. 
Whiskey sour. 

A go-to karaoke song
Lose Yourself, Eminem & Careless Whisper, George Michael

A uniform
Monday to Friday: pencil skirts, lady-like dresses and a good leather jacket. Heels.
Weekend: Well-loved boyfriend jeans, tank top, big scarf and blazer/jacket. Flats. 
Always: Three silver bracelets my father got me in Mexico. Left wrist. Good manicure and pedicure. 

A hair stylist they love
I only trust my locks to one stylist, and she's in the Okanagan. Truth: every time I was back home from Toronto, whether I needed it or not, I got a haircut. 

An exercise routine 
It's no secret that dancing is my go-to and favourite form of exercise. Being in the studio a few times a week, with a couple yoga classes (and if I'm lucky, time to jump in the pool for a swim) keeps my mind and body in check. 

A hobby 
When I'm not dancing and working, I love to sip good cocktails with good friends, see live music in small venues, blog, cook and most recently, explore new neighbourhoods.  

A best friend 
I'm lucky enough to have a couple incredible girlfriends from various stages and parts of my life. There are 3-4 women from high school, university, my dance life, Toronto and Vancouver who would jump on a plane if I needed them (and vice versa). 

A healthy sense of self
Funny enough, during a Saturday night hangout, my friend and I fell onto this topic. That's when I realized three things about myself: 
1. Life is too short not to listen to good music 
2. I'm over trying to be perfect - my goal is to be as good as I can be
3. Compete with myself, not others 





No comments:

Post a Comment