Saturday, March 30, 2013

top5.

I've hit a milestone - this is my one thousandth blog post! 

To celebrate, the sunshine has finally peeked her head out of winter here in Toronto - this weekend really does feel like the official start to sping.

With that, I feel like it's time to cap off March with a top five. Here are a few things that have been at the top of my playlist, heavily used in my kitchen or just on my mind.

Mexican lime juicer. 
Throw away any other juicers for lemons and limes, The Mexican lime juicer  is just the way to go. 
It's easy to use and has a small strainer so you'll never have seeds in your drink. 
This is my absolute must-have for my kitchen for summer 2013. 

High waisted shorts. 


Part pinup doll, part modern. Plus, high waisted shorts will make any one's legs look about a million miles long - just make sure to find the right cut for your hips and bum. 
Pair with cat eye sunglasses and a cherry cola for maximum effect. 

Adventure Club remixes. 


After hearing "Lullabies" and "Crave You", I have totally changed my mind about dubstep music. I realize now there are varying degrees of remixes - like anything, there's very amateur to professional. 
The team between the Adventure Club remixes are simply the best. 

Check out "Lullabies (Adventure Club Remix)" by Yuna above. 

Sergio Bustamante. 


Along the Malecon, a large pedestrian walkway in Puerto Vallarta, there is a plethora of public art. My mother's and my favourite artist, Sergio Bustamante created this amazing piece called "In Search of Reason". It's highly interactive, as you can climb up the iron ladder overlooking the ocean. 

I have a full post about Sergio Bustamante and other Mexican art coming up soon, but for now,  here's a little taste. 

WWBD. 


I'm always looking for new things to teach in class and inspire my students. For whatever reason, I came up with WWBD, and it has just stuck. 

When in doubt, what would Beyonce do? 

I saw smiles creep onto several of my student's faces, and instantly take on their "Sacha Fierce" character. Needless to say, I think it worked. 

Happy Easter and more to come next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment