Saturday, March 16, 2013

hola.

Well, I'm officially back on the grid after a stunning week away in Mexico. 

For the first time in a year and a half, I disconnected myself from all technology. No phone, no texting, no email and no social media. There's still a part of me that didn't want to come home. I was perfectly happy hanging on the beach, ready to jump in the waves at a moment's notice. 

It was a treat to touch down and be greeting by several "we missed you!" texts and messages, but I'm seriously going to try to settle down with my addiction to my phone. Stepping completely away was one of the best things I could have done. 

In a country where people aren't recording every waking moment with their phone, life is just so much more present. Viewing things through your eyes, not a lens is the way it should be.

However, the wanderlust bug has got me - after being in Toronto for a year (which I have no regrets about, I had some incredible projects I got to work on) I feel like I'm falling into a little bit of wanderlust.

I'm finding myself already skimming through travel websites wondering, "where can I go next?".

I hit my palm to my head yesterday and realized I will be back to B.C. in just over six weeks for a emcee gig, and potentially to NYC for another weekend visit before then.

But first, heading back into the Toronto chill to prepare for another week of teaching, dance and work. Expect some Latin-inspired music and moves to sneak up in class this week...

Enjoy your weekend. Stories and photos to come from Mexico. 


No comments:

Post a Comment