Sunday, March 3, 2013

free.


No matter how much they deny it, every performer has a "moment" before they step in front of the audience. 

It's doesn't have to be classed as a full-fledged freak out, or even anxious twitching movement. Some deny it repetitively. 

"I'm fine, totally fine. Let's do this. I'm fine. Let's go. Yep. Yep. Yep." 

We've all been performing for long enough that it's second nature to just come out and lay it on the stage. I've been doing this since for 15 years - it all started at the recreation centre. Now I'm performing to sold-out crowds in Toronto. 

My moment always happens right before the music starts and waiting for the curtain to open. It just doesn't seem real to me, and more than once, I've thought to myself, what is my life? Whoa. 

The moment the light hits you, anxiety, doubt and pressure disappears. 

On stage, I'm free. 

Thank you to some of my dear friends who came out to see me dance last night. I can't wait to perform and finish choreographing our full-length show in June. 

Happy Sunday and have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment