Monday, April 1, 2013

playlist.

Hola April!

Although it doesn't feel like spring quite yet in Toronto (we woke up to freezing temperatures and a wild wind this morning), it's a'coming, I can feel it.

I'm planning to spend April cleansing my home, closet and refreshing my iTunes with some new music.

Since being back from Mexico, I've been listening to Spanish music non-stop. Everything from Paco de Lucia to Carlos Santana has been on repeat. Even Columbian singer Shakira has shook her way back into my music library.

I love how Latin music transcends genres, especially throughout the 2000's.

A perfect example is on Justin Timberlake's latest album, "The 20/20 Experience" which was released last week. His Latin-inspired track, "Let the Groove In"is a standout. Looking back at Nelly Furtado's album "Whoa Nelly!" from 2000,  she echoes Latin rhythms within her pop vocals and melodies throughout it.

There are some critics against music making crossovers, but I for one am all for it. Why not? Exposing ourselves to other cultures, rhythms and music is an incredible feat. I'm all for it.

This playlist is a hodge podge of my favourite music for spring - some Latin, some electronic, some folk. The works.

Happy April!

APRIL 2013  by pfav on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment