Monday, March 25, 2013

burner.

Happy Monday! I can't believe next weekend is already Easter - this marks a whole year since I have been completely out of school, internships and started "real life".

I had lunch with a girlfriend this past weekend and we always end up falling into a hardcore motivational chat about life (in a good way). I find it so interesting to hear and see how others view the world around us, and it helps me stay open-minded.

This time, something from our chat really struck me - somehow we got into an analogy about the things we put on the "back burner". 

How many times have we said this? 

I don't have time for it, I got a couple projects on the back burner. 

This got me thinking - how often to we pull things out from the back burner? Should we? 

In so many ways, I feel like I am finally really starting to live my life in the moment, or focusing on the front burner. When you're cooking, that's usually the most important part of to have done right and finish. However, the back burner can contain the flourish and spice for the meal. We still need it, just not at this moment. 

Reality is, we can't complete the meal without the back burner. They need to be taken off of simmer sometime, or else they get burnt (and lost). 

With spring awakening around us, I pledge to take my projects off the back burner and put them to work in front of me. It's time. 

Just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment