Thursday, March 28, 2013

wildcat.

Well, March has been quite a wild month, and I wasn't even on the grid for part of it!

It's been very exciting to finish my piece I'm choreographing for my next big show, perform alongside some of my favourite Toronto artists, travel to Mexico and so much more this month.

However, this week has been a bit different. I like to be control of things, and when I'm not, that can be a bit tough to handle.

I talk a lot about grabbing life and running with it, but what happens when that race slows you down?

Looking back on this month, I wouldn't have done anything differently. Taking the opportunities and chances to seize the moment and just go with things has been so rewarding. Taking this week to step back and have a reality check has been unexpectedly helpful.

Even though I'm out of commission for a couple days, I'm hungry to go back out and attack the next opportunity. I'm happy, healthy and alive. Everything from here is a bonus.
_____________________________________________________________________

There are a few people who walk into your life that you don't realize influenced you until they're gone.

Dan, I remember you hosting Wildcat TV in middle school, pep rallies in high school and being one of my first friends when I was the new kid at Burton Valley Elementary - all with the biggest smile on your face.

My heart goes out to your family and close friends - you'll be missed buddy. Rest in peace Dan.


No comments:

Post a Comment