Monday, August 20, 2012

lennox.


One summer when I was growing up I worked relentlessly folding invoices, licking envelopes and stamping letters for my dad's business to save up enough money for the most coveted item of the time - an iPod mini.

After venturing to Target and laying down my dollar bills, I brought home my first MP3 player, and immediately started burning all my CD's on my computer and creating playlists.

This was also the first time I encountered the almighty iTunes, and was extremely fussy about what kind of music I wanted to buy.

I'll never forget the look on my dad's face when he asked me what song I wanted to download first. I'm sure he was expecting me to say something by Jessica Simpson or whatever pop start was hot at the moment.

Instead I asked to download "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics.

"Wow, how on earth do you know who Annie Lennox is?" asked Dad.

My love of music started early, and for as long as I could remember I loved the electronic beats of Annie Lennox. To this day, I'm constantly choreographing to her music or mixing it into a playlist for a night out.

The best moment? Seeing her perform at the London 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony. She's an icon.

Here's the ever classic and my most favourite single by Eurythmics:

No comments:

Post a Comment