Friday, August 17, 2012

history.


When I was in high school and applying for university programs, I was determined to study history and humanities. Obviously, things changed when I got into journalism school and moved across the country instead of across the province.

However, the grounding philosophy one of my history teachers said back in grade 11 has still stuck with me over the years, "We must look back in order to move forward."

Here I am, a year later after one of the wildest and most amazing school year's of my life. A year ago, I fell into my dance troupe and started really performing again. What I thought would be one gig has turned into countless classes, becoming a certified FitCanPro instructor, and dancing at some huge events (like in the Opening Ceremony for the Ontario Summer Games last night).

A year ago, I was questioning everything as I headed into my last two semesters of university. While my team and I were making our documentary, things completely fell apart. We knew we could pull our project together, but weren't sure about the quality.

We made it, and eight months later, two of us on the team have just finished working for covering the Olympics.

After completing an internship at Canada AM, I'm now working freelance as a guest co-ordinator. I have had an amazing opportunity to meet some interest people from all walks of life (NBA basketball players, Thomas Mulcair and Melissa Joan Hart to name a few).

In short, this year has been busy, busy, busy. However, it's also been awesome. More than ever, I believe in the quote "love all, trust few and do wrong to none."

Fresh off the Olympics wagon (and gearing up for the Paralympics) I want to take a second and thank so many of you for your love, thoughts and support for making my Olympic and professional dreams up come true.

We're heading into a beautiful weekend here in Toronto - I'm definitely looking forward to some downtime, but am excited for lots more to come this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment