Tuesday, August 28, 2012

andrew.

I wish more than anything I could be in two places at once. My little brother Andrew is off to Spain for a year to go to school, become fluent in Spanish and live the dream.

Already am missing him and wish I could have gone to the airport with the family this morning. Every September, I'm the one who was driven to the Kelowna airport (five people, two dogs and all my suitcases) and waved out the windows to my family standing at the glass windows at YLW.

This time, Andrew is taking off in a jet plane, and I feel a sense of emptiness that I'm not there to send him off. I'm ever so thankful for Facebook, email and Skype to keep us all connected.

Not sure what the holidays and the next year are going to look like, but it's all okay. I am so inspired by my family - especially my parents, who have pushed us all to explore farther, reach higher and take risks.

That support is priceless.




Hasta luego Andrew - learn, explore and have the time of your life in Spain over the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment