Monday, April 2, 2012

top5.

I love each new month. It's like flipping to a new page - new opportunities, a new calendar, even when it's busy, there's time to make things happen and schedule time in for the ones you love.

This month's top five is all about taking care of yourself. I've been working on a plethora of health and wellness segments across all my lines of work (journalism, dance, etc.) for the past few weeks and have learned quite a bit.

The major underlying connection: slow down, even it's only for half an hour. It can really make a difference.

Take a bubble bath

There are few things better after a long day in the office, running around and rehearsing than a warm bath. It even has health benefits!
Taking a 20 minute bath in warm water can help your skin literally "drink up" and hydrate according to Toronto dermatologist Dr. Greenwald.
Enjoy responsively with a bottle of your favourite Philosophy product.
(My problem is that I might never leave the tub...)

Bath and Body Works candles (current favourite - Poppy Sunshine)
These candles are fantastic - make sure to get the three-wick ones (they burn 30-45 hours)...it makes any workspace that much more enjoyable and serene.
They often have deals on many of their products as well.

Jukari
Take an hour and sweat once a day. A few of my friends teach Jukari, and I'm hoping to finally get into a class at King West Fitness this month.
Cirque du Soleil and working out? I'm in heaven.

Fresh flowers
Last week, the editor of a national magazine gave me a bouquet of red roses for helping her team out on a series during my internship. I was so touched and definitely enjoyed have a gorgeous bunch of flowers in my home to remind me of a job well done.

Mini egg cupcakes.
Need I say more?
Make your favourite chocolate cupcake recipe, grind up a handful of mini eggs and add to the recipe just before cooking.
Dye a vanilla icing a pastel colour with about two drops of food dye.
Top with a mini egg and you're cooking. Definite a cook Easter treat.

Enjoy and remember that I'm always looking for new places, things, food, fitness trends, etc. etc. etc. throughout Toronto. Comment, tweet or Facebook me and I'll go check it out for the next Top 5.

Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment