Saturday, April 21, 2012

mags.

This is it.

The final issue of McClung's Magazine, spring 2012 is done. After this month, I turn my social media passwords and duties to the next director.

It's hard to believe how much time has flown by during my time at Ryerson, and in particular McClungs. I owe this little magazine a lot...it was where my first article, about Barbie being a positive role model was published.

A photo shoot with a long blonde wig, a few edits and months later, I still get that tingly feeling in my fingers when I am holding that issue in my hands.

I remember thinking for the first time, I did it, I really did it.

After working as a copy editor last year and now closely with my close friend Katie Engvist, a photographer, we really hit out stride with styling, creating concepts and shooting the photo essays over the 2010-2012 school years.

As I close the page on this magazine, make sure to check out my final photo essay I had the privilege to style and work on.

The concept was developed as "anti-beauty products" and listing the dangers in makeup. I had so much fun working with some of my favourite people to create the look and a feel for the shoot.

Here's a sneak peek:

You see the photo essay and can read the entire spring 2012 issue of McClung's Magazine online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment