Sunday, April 8, 2012

solo.
























I am one essay away from being finished my undergraduate degree - a Bachelor of Journalism from Ryerson University.

Four years ago at this time, the most important thing to me was finding the perfect prom dress, wondering what my life in Toronto would be like, hoping people would be nice...my oh my, how things have all turned out.

My artistic director once said to me,
"If you don't believe in yourself, no one else will."

Without knowing it, this has been one of the commanding lessons and phrases that has gotten me through the last few years. It just took someone else saying it aloud for me to really realize it, and the power if has given some of the most inspiring people around me.

This marks the end of this era - onto a new apartment, a new job, a new kind of summer and many adventures to come. I'm obviously nervous about the unknown, but out of my head excited at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment