Thursday, April 12, 2012

shining.


Whew today is a busy day - I have events and things happening on both sides of the country, thank goodness for the Internet to help me out!

Today my dancers from Reflections Dance Studio head into their first competition of the season in Vernon, BC. I choreographed about a half dozen solos and one duet, and this the first time my work is being showcased in a competition environment. I am so proud and over the moon excited for my dancers, and can't wait to hear how they do, what the judges think, etc.

I'm a touch nervous because my choreography is a bit out there, but my dancers look so fantastic when they're performing it, I know it will shine through.

My mantra for dance, which I adapted from an previous artistic director:

There is choreography for every
body.


Have fun, live in the moment and enjoy these days dancers! I wish I could be there more than anything.

I found out the piece I choreographed for Kelowna Secondary School's dance team (this was my high school, so much pride) placed third at the Driven Dance Competition in Kelowna, BC in the character division. Congrats ladies!

On this side of the country...another year has come and gone, but the good news is that there's a ton to celebrations to be had!

I have had a blast working as the social media director for McClung's Magazine over the past school year, and have had the opportunity to meet and interact with some amazing people. I'll be hanging up my logins in a few weeks, but not before we celebrate and launch the spring 2012 issue of the magazine!

Check out the event on Facebook here: can't wait!

(A little bird told me that spring 2012 issue will be hitting the stands tomorrow, Friday, April 13 by the way...)

Looking forward to summer, a new apartment, a few new gigs (journalism and dance-wise) and a new kind of life. Feeling very blessed.

Stay posted for continuing updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment