Thursday, April 19, 2012

pinning.

After many a month, I finally have decided to start sharing my Pinterest account and "pins" publicly.

I have had an account for awhile, and especially when the Pinterest phenomenon blew up, I really drew back from the entire process. Everyone was judging everyone else so harshly on what they were categorizing, pinning random things and I just didn't like it.

But holy smokes, pinning is addicting. When I finally decided to start making boards and really categorizing, I found myself spending lots of time dabbling in various boards and finding great ideas for DIY's, food, home decor and more.

My name is Portia, and I and turning into a Pinterest addict.

Now, after searching through friends and colleagues to people who really are making some interesting finds with their pins, and not collectively aggregating them into a "inspired" (we're all inspired by the world around us...we get it) I have decided to try to do the same.

Here's a sneak peek...I'll warn that I pin similar things to the blogette. And no future wedding board for me - just ideas for my next cocktail party.


PS hope to see you tonight at the McClung's Magazine sping 2012 issue launch party! Come celebrate with the masthead and find out who the next editors-in-chief will be for the 2012-13 school year. 9PM, The Loose Moose (146 Front Street)

Check out the Facebook invitation here.

I will also be posting some pictures from the last ever photo essay I will have styled for McClungs soon. The issue will be online soon as well for all our readers not in the Toronto area. Will post the links ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment