Wednesday, April 11, 2012

grownup.


Today, my real, grown up, adult life begins.

Yesterday I turned in my final assignment for my undergraduate degree. I am done school until further notice. Quite possibly forever.

There are countless articles, discussions, tweets and Facebook statuses out there right now mimicking the "what should I do now?" and "I"m lost!" attitude of so many former students also in my position. For some, they are walking into entry-level positions in their fields. Others are jumping on a jet plane and seeing the world.

I feel like Carrie Bradshaw in the Sex and the City movie, where she's talking about her friends moving all over the place (literally and figuratively) but she's staying in the same place.

After moving around so much as a kid, university has been one of the only education experiences where I was in the same institution for the entire duration. As much as everyone as emotional leaving high school, I never was because I had not been there long enough.

Now, I have found my place and know that this is right.

My life has changed (for the better), it's here and I'm ready to take the next step into my career, experiences and more. So why worry? My philosophy is that things are going to play out the way they are meant to.

Someone once told me that life has gifts stored for us...they just don't all come at the same time. Be patient, but live each day like that's it. That may be the gift you bring to someone else.

Just a thought.

Also, my last segment aired this morning on Canada AM. Check it out here around the 12 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment