Tuesday, May 24, 2011

twotwo.


Over the past few months, I have met a few of my friend's mothers and was amazed at how similar, yet vastly different each was from their parental unit. Coming home and living with my own maman has made me realize how your blood is exactly the same, and how much we can drive each other crazy when we're arguing (we're saying the same thing, but can't realize it).

However, is this all a reflection of who we will be in the future, or because we recognize these similarities, will we act differently?

For example, when I'm cooking, I can balance nine things and make sure everything is in a row. When someone says I'm being too ethereal about life or eccentric, it's genetics.

We're even the same down to our Tim Horton's order. That's scary.

However, outside of my relationship, seeing my friends and their interactions with their mothers very interesting. Yes, you'll have two women sitting in front of you with the same eyes, but with also very different things coming out of their mouths. Other times, you would swear your friend is the "mini" version of your mother.

We don't have to love our mothers based on their personalities only, but as daughters, they are our biggest cheerleaders (although they don't always show it) and taught us the basic rules in the game of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment