Tuesday, May 10, 2011

carrie.


If there's anything I hate more than leaving, it may be packing. If you know me, everything has its place and a dirty room stresses me out. Now I'm not like OCD Emma on Glee, but my room is in shambles and I'm not sure which way to turn.

I must say though, this has been quite the year.

I had always envied the girls of Sex and the City - they always seemed to have it all. I always wondered how on earth those four very different women became friends, and even in their disagreements, stayed together.

Although this number does not need to be restricted to four, I've finally found my Miranda, Samantha, Charlotte and Carrie. No one has a character directly, but rather is a mix of one, two or all of these women.

We've had major ups, hit rock bottom and came out smelling like roses and paint. Of course there's drama. But things will work out okay. There were always good times where we laughed until our mascara ran down our faces in black tears.

We loved, we broke up, we made up, let go, remembered and ran after our goals with wild abandon.

Now we're entering the last summer in this "student life", and even though we go to school, we're not living in residence anymore, even in mentality. We're young adults figuring things out and running our lives in the city, supporting and learning from each other. I'm realizing that you can love anyone, anywhere and by taking this huge risk, I've met some of the most important women who will be remembered and with me for the rest of my life.

"Wallis was right. The most important thing in life is your family. There are days when you love them, and others you don't, but in the end they're the people you always come home to. Sometimes it's the family you're born into, and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself."- Carrie Bradshaw


Thanks ladies, have a fabulous summer and I'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment