Thursday, May 5, 2011

ctv.


Three years ago this week, I would have laughed at myself if someone told me what I would be doing now.

I was lying onstage after falling from the best grand jete and saw my whole life flash before me. As someone carried me off, I thought my life was over.

After all the blood (literally, Ontario has dry weather and I get nosebleeds), sweat (being stuck in groups with indie kids at bars for shows) and the verge of tears (when something didn't go right once that I had spent forever working on) the payment of the perfect internship has finally come my way.

I thought I blew it. When she offered me the job, my first words were, "You've just made my dreams come true." Then I paused, wondering if I sounded like a complete child.

*Note, I was speaking to the producer of the national news network.

"You know," she said, "That's one of the first really genuine reactions I've gotten in a long time. You're really honest."

I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Thank you to the support of so many of my friends and family for letting me pick their brains, read my stuff, edit, re-read, critique, laugh, cry and generally be the stars of my fan club.

Looking at myself in 2008, I can really see how much I've grown, worked and gotten better - mentally, physically and emotionally.

Another dancer said to me right before graduation that I would come back stronger than ever before, which felt unbelievable when I was walking around in crutches.

I made it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment