Saturday, May 14, 2011

sophisticated.

It isn't often that you come home from a night out when everyone isn't home. Whether it be my apartment or when I'm living with my family, as much as I love all of them, there's something pretty lovely about owning the space to yourself and being able to do whatever you want with zero judgement around you.

I've been home for about three days, and can already see the changes faster than ever around me. This house is different. Although the paint isn't new, the air is. At dinner, we don't laugh at cheap jokes, rather the humour has become sophisticated. Last summer, I remember seeing proposals in lots for new buildings, saw them half-done at Christmas, and are now fully-functioning today.

Where does time go?

Coming home has always been a comforting place to be, and it always will be, especially now that I don't know when I'll be back after this summer. But what do you do when home changes? I've dated, lived and loved people from all over the country, and am almost not sure when I may see them again (and some I actually don't want to see). After leaving the nest, why does this time back feel so different? My nook has changed.

Perhaps time will tell. Maybe we're all growing up faster than I thought.

Either way, I'm having a beer, putting my feet up, enjoying the summer breeze and catching up on my reading after a night out. Nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment