Wednesday, March 23, 2011

playlist10.


Lucky you, there's two playlists this month!

Lately I've been feeling really old-school, and wanting to listen only to late 1990s/early 2000s music. I'm not sure if it's because we're starting to grow up and move on, but this is some of the music that I can remember so well and still enjoy. There's certainly a part of comfort when you are listening to something that reminds you of home and such a simple time in life.

"Wild Horses" - Iron and Wine
"Southside" - Moby ft. Gwen Stefani
"California" - Phantom Planet
"These Words" - Natasha Bedingfield
"Heartburn" - Alicia Keys
"Maybe I'm Amazed" - Jem
"The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" - Postal Service
"No One's Gonna Love You" - Band of Horses
"Colorblind" - Counting Crows

I'm looking at this like my own personal version of the OC soundtrack. I didn't watch the show growing up, but am planning to this summer. These songs take me back to the dance classes I took that really formed me into the performer I am, and what we listened to at parties during middle and early high school.

Looking back, I can really see how sophsicated some of my peers were in liking this music and knowing who these artists were (even though they are considered "mainstream" now) they were the first taste of "indie" and off-key music that wasn't Britney Spears.

These are the California days. Missing the sweet sunshine in TO as we got a dusting of snow this spring morning. I'll stay in my daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment