Thursday, March 31, 2011

blushing.


It's that time of year again.

I'm in the library way overdressed with a scattering of books and notes across my workstation in the hopes of getting a rough draft of my essay done before this evening.

Although I would rather be in several different places than here right now (including sweating the Pacific Ocean at my hot yoga studio) this work has gotta be done.

I find that during exam/study time my peers usually don the typical comfort look of sweats and a hoodie (and I don't blame them! For my friends in very difficult program, this is such a high time of stress). However, no matter how laid back you choose to dress for hours of study sessions, I think that doing your makeup is a really good thing during the exam period.

Think about it: even if you feel not dressed to your best, at least you still feel comfortable that you look gorgeous. And it can be easy, I promise.

1. Rose Silk blush by Covergirl is a universally flattering colour on any skin tone. Swipe across your cheekbones for a dewy and rosy glow. It's under $10 and has a light scent of roses, perfect for thinking and daydreaming of spring. (Shoppers).
- You can also put a touch of it on your eyelids too for a little sparkle.

2. Throw a little mascara on your lashes to open up your eyes - I use two types daily, but if you're in a rush, throw a coat on your top lashes only. This is a product that I really believe doesn't matter what your price point is, I've found some of the cheaper ones work even better than the more expensive wands.
Currently loving: One by One mascara by Maybelline (about $9)
Currently lusting for: Buxom Lash ($18)

3. Squirt on a few puffs of your favourite perfume and a swipe of chap stick.

4. Hair pulled back, and just for fun, tie a square scarf around to make a more interesting headband and keep your bangs out of your face.

5. Happy studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment