Sunday, March 13, 2011

locking.


I know that I normally don't post twice in a day, but I got thinking on my walk home from yoga about something kinda cool.

I feel as though there's always the saying that people come into our lives for a reason, and most of the time, they are a person who hangs around for a long time, may be a best friend and generally introduces us to something we might not have known (inside or around us). But what about when that person we thought was a person leaves, and you've shut that door?

Some of these relationships don't last forever. We all have a friend, colleague, boyfriend to apply that too - even though these people were so special at the time, when they have to be let go, there is always hurt.

Even more interesting - now what happens when that person you have let go of emotionally says something insightful and gets back to you? I'm enlightened, and seeing the world from that angle and understand. Even though the relationship is not the same as it once was, it was a turn and opinion that helped get me through some things.

People come into your life for a reason. Even though we think we may have locked the door after they've left, something can always slip underneath it. I'm starting to think that's okay.

"We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” - Epictetus

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment