Monday, February 28, 2011

readingwk.


Welcome back to school chickadee's! I hope that you all had wonderful reading weeks, whether you were home, away or just a little bit of both, it's good to have a break.

I realize that I have been talking about this for quite a few days now, but this morning when I got up, I really saw what a good rest can do for you. Lately, I feel like have been piling everything (literally and figuratively) on. I'll admit it, I'm a workaholic, but I love to enjoy and indulge in time with friends, dancing and more. However, when the load of school and work got heavier and heavier, and more jobs kept piling up - oddly, so did my makeup.

I'll pause for your laughter.

There came a point when I felt like I was putting a face on. My eyes were so dark underneath, my skin shallow and dull, my lips dry. I kept layering my makeup on more and more, and just didn't look like myself. Now, I have hardly nothing on - just some touch-ups, but not the mask I was donning before. Believe me, I'm also a beauty junkie and love my makeup as much as the next girl, but to see how the vacation had totally toned down my skin, tired eyes and more was such a gift.

So moral of the story? Take a real break. Reading week made me realize that I could live without my cell phone, Twitter and Facebook for more than a day. Not a big deal. I was still able to get my news, didn't feel deprived, and now getting to check everything is just a treat. I'm proposing taking a day on the weekend that I will completely attempt (and hopefully not have too much homework to bombard me down with) to take off. Not much work, cell phone off or on silent, little internet use. We'll see how this goes.

Just a thought.

PS song of the evening - "All Mixed Up (The Cars cover) by Red House Painters

No comments:

Post a Comment