Tuesday, February 8, 2011

playlist8.


There's something really fun about listening to other people's iPods. You never know exactly what they're into until a few songs in, and something totally hits you that you didn't expect at all. So this time, instead of my personal preferences for a playlist, I'm trying to put myself in someone else's shoes (and ears) in what they might play.

If you know me, I'm obsessed with Audrey Hepburn. I can quote Breakfast at Tiffany's by heart, have an affection for too-big sunglasses and could love to have her super-cropped coiffure. She's the picture of clas, and such a beautiful role model for her acting and philanthropy work. She believed in living life simply, surrounded by the ones you love and taking each day as a gift.

So if Audrey had an iPod, what would have been on it?

I read somewhere that she loved jazz music, and always had it playing throughout her home. It totally reminds me of red wine - smooth, velvety and sophsicated without trying too hard. I've put together a collection of songs that she might have on her playlist if she was hosting a wine night in 2011.

The Playlist: Audrey Style.

"All Blues" - Miles Davis
"Lovers in Japan" - Coldplay
"Rolling in the Deep" - Adele
"After Midnight" - Danny Elfman
"Waiting on the World to Change" - John Mayer
"Stormy Blues" - Billy Holiday
"Samson"- Regina Spektor
"For Emma" - Bon Iver
"I'm Getting Sentimental Over You" - Ella Fitzgerald
"Restoration (Four Tet Remix) - The Acorn
"New Soul" - Yael Naïm

This was surprisingly fun challenge - totally out of my box in what I normally turn to for music, but I really enjoyed mixing these pieces into my daily soundtrack. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment