Tuesday, February 15, 2011

elephants.

As a kid, I always wanted to run away with the circus. There's something so magical about performing, and everyone who has ever been to the circus has always left happy.

I saw this trailer about a month ago when I went to see Black Swan, and have been struck with it as well ever since. Water for Elephants is based on the book by Sara Gruen, and is full of magic. After being the bookstore, I gravitated toward the text and am immersed within the story. It's beautiful, hauntingly realistic-feeling, and makes me want nothing more than to join hop on the next train, hoping it's for the circus.



The move also stars two of my favourite actors - Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson (before you go all Twilight-crazy, he was fantastic in Remember Me last year, check it out!) From what I've read in the book so far, I'm very intrigued to see how they make it into a movie.

I'm so scared that it would be butchered like my other favourite book, Eat Pray Love in a cinematic setting, but I'm keeping my hopes up. However, this trailer combined with the music and interesting angles shown holds my attention the whole time - something I'm finding a lot of movie trailers are lacking today.

April, you can come anytime, I can't wait to see this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment