Tuesday, February 12, 2013

swap.
























The quote in the above photo really struck a chord with me this morning. 

I've realized the people I admire most - whether it be my peers, role models, bosses or mentors all have no vanity. Their lives are incredible because they aren't afraid to risk, fail and pick themselves up. 

It's not easy. 

One of my of my mentors last week said she definitely has moments where she just  wants to settle. 

"However, that would take away my angst and lust for life," she said. 

This got me thinking. I've had some amazing opportunities with absolutely no guarantees come in my direction this year, and I'm also realizing, several times throughout the last five years. All the best experiences I have had started from zero.

Right now in the middle of winter, there are moments where things look to be in complete shambles, but spring is coming. I'm confident that things will continue to blossom. 

Just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment