Saturday, January 19, 2013

top5.

Depending on how you look at it, opening up your calendar and seeing a month full of appointments, commitments and more can be either daunting or exhilterating. I tend to work better when I have absolutely too much on my plate, as it foreces me to balance my time perfectly. If something goes out of whack, my whole month will get thrown off.

However, I read an article about comedian Tina Fey and her secrets to success the other day, and her's is quite simple. Always, always say "yes".

This couldn't have come at a better times - I've been approached with some very unique opportunities this month. I'm saying "yes".

This also applies to things I want to do around my home. I've been in my new apartment for five months (wowza!) and I keep meaning to get little projects done or what not.

Thus, January's  Top 5 is dedicated to the home. 

Coffee Table. 



I'm a huge fan of the exqusitely talented Emily Schuman of the blog Cupcakes and Cashmere, and love this video she released this week. I'm on the hunt for a great coffee table tray that isn't too expensive. 

Gallery Wall. 

This challenge has been haunting me over the last few months. I have acuqired some art, but I'm very indecisive about what the hanging arrangement will be. Luckily, I found this nifty layout guide
Time to start experimenting! 







Accent Paint.

So simple. So effective. 

Typography. 


Christmas lights, a steady hand and an outlet. I'm thinking this might even be fun for my living space/room as well. Now the question is, what word do I choose? 

Patio Time. 



One of the things I was desperate for when I was looking for an apartment was somewhere with outdoor space. I have a sweet little backyard patio that will be divine once the warm weather comes back. 

I'm hoping to incorporate some more Christmas lights into the tree, and also have a little herb garden (is there anything better when you're cooking to go cut some fresh basil). Oh spring, come soon! 

Again, these are just some ideas. Fingers crossed I can get some of these little projects done before the warm weather arrives. 

Have an amazing weekend and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment