Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013.

Well bonjour 2013 - nice to see you.

I had the gift of having yesterday off from work and spent the whole day catching up with friends, catching up on a little bit of work and most importantly, catching up on 2012.

Looking back at my posts on the eve of 2012 (like this one) I had no idea what was in store for me over the next few months.

I didn't make any resolutions last year...I just said to myself that I wanted to have more fun.

For 2013, I think I will set some goals, not resolutions. I don't regret nor would I change anything that has happened so far.

So here it goes, some new goals for 2013: 

Be dancing/taking class as much as possible every week. 


I was going to be a number on this, but due to my schedule with work (the news never sleeps!) and just daily life, I know it will have to vary. Therefore, if I have a free night, I'm going to do my best to be in class - even if it's in a genre I've never done before. 

Support myself with social media. 


It's in the very early stages, but I'm working on getting my consulting business off the ground. 
Whether you want to learn more about social media for yourself or business,  I can help. There's already been a few bites, and I'm ready to take the plunge. 

Enter at least one ballroom/salsa dance competition. 


You need to do something totally wild right? 
I remember watching Jennifer Lopez in the movie Shall We Dance years ago, and decided I wanted to take up ballroom dancing. 
This is the year I'm going to put all my dance training to work. I have potentially found a partner and though we're in the beginning stages of working together, I'm hoping we can be strong enough to dance for the judges in 2013. 

Go to more shows. 


When I was writing for The Take Media, I was reviewing shows and interviewing musicians frequently. There are few things better than being in the back of a dark theatre watching a band rock out on stage. Gotta get more of this back in my life. 

Get back to New York City. 


I already have a little list of things I want to see/do/explore/experience in this fine city. It's so close that I gotta get back (and see one of my besties there as well!) 

Needless to say, I'm excited to get started. Let's do this 2013. 






No comments:

Post a Comment