Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012.

At this time last year, I was terrified of 2012.

I knew there were some big changes in my future, and I would be faced with that terrifying moment of "what I am going to do with my life?"

For whatever reason, I decided that if an opportunity came up, I was going to take it. Big, little, out of town, whatever. I was going to do it. I figured I would at least get a good story about it.

That escalated into some really unique experiences - some that went amazingly well, and other times, not at all.

However, at the end of this year, I have realized how much I have learned.

I learned how to lead a team in a professional enviornment. I found that with complete artistic power comes great responsibility. It's still true - patience really is one of the most powerful skills. And along the way, I met a plethora of interesting people who challenged everything I thought I knew, and pushed me to be the best version of myself.

2012 was definitely one of the best years of my life (so far).

Here are a few of the highlights:

Hanging out in the Montreal train station. 

One of my first segments airing nationally on Canada AM

Keanu and Brittney performing my piece, "Gotham"  

The DivaGirls

Bachelor of Journalism graduates, 2012 

Joining Canada's Olympic Broadcast Consortium to cover London 2012 

Fashion's Night Out, Toronto

Meeting the infamous "Sh*t Girls Say"duo during the Toronto Film Festival

My first Ontario cottage experience

Canada's Parade of Heroes in Toronto 


Visiting one of my besties in New York City 

Reporting backstage from Toronto Fall Fashion Week

Dancing at the RainDrops TO store opening (and appearing on ETalk). 

Canad AM turns 40! 

Some of the Canadian athletes from Vancouver 2010, London 2012 and Sochi 2014 I got to perform in a flash mob for at a swanky party 

Performing in a big Christmas show for over 800 people at the Mod Club 

Back in Kelowna after a full year 

Whoa, even looking back at all of this, I'm floored by what 2012 brought. I've been lucky and very blessed to have had the opportunities that have passed by. Looking forward to taking on 2013 head-on! 



No comments:

Post a Comment