Thursday, October 18, 2012

vreeland.

The first was the September Issue. The documentary about photographer Bill Cunningham came next.

Ladies and gents, I think we have this year's next fashion film/documentary about Diana Vreeland, called, Diana Vreeland, the Eye has to Travel.

The fashion editor worked for both  Harper's Bazaar and Vogue, and challenged quite a few of the norms of fashion...beyond clothing that is. Fashion throughout the 1960's and 70's was changing into the glamorous photographs we see of the time today - musicians, artists, dancers, painters, et cetera all indulging in their craft and glossing it in magazines. 

"She made it okay for women to be outlandish and extraordinary,"says Angelica Huston in the movie trailer. 

As someone who tries to live their life opposed to the typical, I am quite excited to see this film and the birth of where so many things that inspire not only my wardrobe, but my life come from.

In Diana Vreeland we trust.

Check out the trailer below. When it gets to Toronto, I'll be first in line with my highest of heels on.




No comments:

Post a Comment