Sunday, October 21, 2012

slow.

Today was one of those perfect autumn days that don't come around that often.

I was blessed with a fall birthday, and I have always loved celebrating the season alongside it.

Although technically my birthday is this upcoming Tuesday, having a weekday celebrating isn't always possible for my usual suspects because of work, class, et cetera.

I like turning to the weekend before to have an extra glass of champagne and dance around the apartment.

As you may have read on the blogette, I also adore Sundays. My week consists of constant emails, phone calls, updating social feeds and more, thus making me addicted to my phone.

On Sundays, my world slows a bit. I only have a few emails (usually from my mother or store about an upcoming sale - both are very welcome messages) and if it's sunny out, you can stroll along the street listening to your iPod without interruption.

Taking the time once a week to slow down and recharge in whatever way works for you can make a huge difference on the week ahead.

Today consisted in an impromptu meet up with a friend, a putz in a favourite neighbourhood for a cupcake, fabric and trim shopping and ending with a manicure at a salon hosting a one-day discount.

This upcoming week looks wild again as well - I'm performing in two dance shows, attending my first Toronto Fashion Week show as a guest, am helping out AM with their 40th Anniversary shows and turn another year older in between all that.

Stay tuned for more updates and coverage from all directions of this - looking forward to another wild week (and a little relax apres).

Have a lovely rest of your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment