Tuesday, September 18, 2012

fall12.

There's a great quote from the HBO drama, "The Newsroom" that really hit home with me.

 The executive producer Charlie Skinner (played by Sam Waterston) says "But once in a while, take three seconds- you can't spare more than that- take three seconds to notice where you are and what you're doing."

This really made me think. In this life where things move so fast (and I can totally attest/back up the newsroom, because it perfectly captures the speed of how quickly things can change) how can we keep up.

 More than ever, when September rolled around this year, I found myself unable to grasp how fast time had moved on me.

This year has been spectacular to say the least. There are few things better than graduating from university, interning at the national news station and working for the Olympics.

But here we are again at the end of another month and on the edge of a new season. Fall is a time of change, reflection and letting go.

We will remember those summer months with fond memories, but it is with a sweet sadness that we have to close the door on the season.

New apartment, new job, new dance gigs and a new outlook for autumn 2012. I'm ready.

With all things changing, so will some things here on the blogette. You may notice a few things moving around in the next few weeks, but never fear, I'll be getting all the kinks out as quickly as possible!

 If you're interested in advertising with Sunrise Junction, shoot me an email anytime and we'll chit chat.

 Have a great rest of your evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment