Tuesday, July 17, 2012

unplugged.


I know it's still the beginning of the week, but I'm already craving the weekend again.

Not only does weekend mean free time (and with the weather so warm and lovely in Toronto, who doesn't want to be outside?) but also time for Yoga Unplugged.

After seeing tweets, Facebook posts and the like repeatedly about the free yoga class put on by Lululemon and 889 Yoga, I decided there was no time like the present to check it out.

Last Saturday I packed my bag, grabbed my mat and headed to the swanky Thompson Hotel, where class took place on the outdoor patio overlooking the water.

Even better, the theme of the evening was "Diva Soul" - cue Whitney Houston, Nina Simone, Sade and Beyonce on the playlist.

I was literally surrounded by yogis dancing on our mats and taking in the cool evening while the sun set.

Somewhere between side angle pose and another downward dog, I looked up at the number of people on the deck with me. This weekly event is HUGE. There were easily 150 people sweating and om-ing it out together, yet the only noise you could hear was the teacher's voice and the music.

Needless to say, I'll be back at every chance I get. This week's theme is Roots Rock Reggae, I'm beyond pumped.

Yoga Unplugged runs every Saturday afternoon from 4-5PM at the Thompson Hotel until September. Discover more by searching #YogaUnplugged on Twitter and Instagram.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment