Sunday, July 8, 2012

dice.


It's been a busy but very productive weekend. Freelance writing, dancing, blogging, swimming and more all in a 48 hour period.

I finally got a stable internet connection to upload more of my dance choreography, this time a couple of the solos!

These two dancers were both a treat to work with, and in both cases, I had a few pegs in the sand of where I wanted to go with the choreography, but largely painted the movement on their bodies throughout rehearsal.

This may sound cheesy, but it was two of the most organic sessions of movement I have been in.

Sometimes when I'm working on choreography, especially for a class combination, I feel like I'm forcing creativity. When inspiration naturally comes - whether it be in the music, dancer, space, whatever, it's truly mind-blowing.

Below are two of my dancer's performances at the Peak Invitational Dance Competition in North Vancouver, BC this past spring.

Delaney, performing "Take Care"


Saige, performing "Dice"


A few more clips are en route. Thank you again continuously for all your support, can't wait to work with all these dancers and keep pushing myself as a choreographer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment