Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th.

Happy 4th of July!

If you didn't know, I was lucky enough to grow up in the San Francisco Bay Area and celebrate both Canada Day and the fourth of July every year.

The fourth has always been a special day for me - I remember dancing, biking, marching and what not in parades every year.

I remember a carnival at the local recreation centre where my best friend's mom worked. We spent hours playing carnival games, eating too much cotton candy and running around with sparklers and streamers.

At night, my parents drove us up to the highest hill near our home, where we could literally watch every firework show from San Francisco to Oakland to San Mateo.

Happy birthday to my second homeland. Thank you for all those memories!
PS check back this weekend for my picks from Paris Couture week (I'm currently drooling over everything Chanel...)

No comments:

Post a Comment