Thursday, June 28, 2012

top5.

After two days of training, I'm feeling like could use a few extra hours of sleep, but also completely invigorated with the world around me.

Good things happen. Hard work pays off. Sometimes if you're lucky, you might get a chance to get to work and experience one of your dreams become a reality - even more a split moment.

On another note, I picked up one of my favourite weeklies - Toronto's The Grid, which always has interesting stories, polls and the link about the best of the city.

Walking home from work today, maybe it was because I was feeling pumped on life, or maybe it was the sunshine, but I decided it might be fun to make this month's Top Five all about Toronto.

Shakespeare at High Park

The Canadian Stage Company is performing one of my favourite plays, Much Ado About Nothing at this summer in High Park.
Even better? It's pay-what-you-can.
Where: High Park Amphitheatre (1873 Bloor Street West)

Dark Horse Espresso Bar

You're paying the same price as Starbucks, but the coffee is much, much better.
Plus, there's chandeliers at the Spadina location.

EuroCup 2012 at the Reference Library

I'm not enamoured with the EuroCup, but you gotta admit, streaming it on a big screen at the library is pretty cool.


The Gladstone Hotel.

This is by far one of my favourite venues to see music in Toronto. I've been lucky to see the drummer of Caribou there jump in with another band, attend many a Elvis Monday, and am always interested in the new artists they have coming through.

If you listen to one thing all day, make sure it's this:


I probably blogged about this before, but I can't get enough.
Before the fireworks and BBQ's on Canada Day I will definitely be catching a free screening of their featured films.
Next Tuesday, I'll be doing my best to catch one of my favourite classics, Jaws - now in a "director-approved digital restoration".
(PS I am dying for this shirt)

Have a great rest of the week and a Happy Canada Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment