Friday, June 15, 2012

playlist26.


My apologies for being m.i.a. - have been sans internet at my apartment for the past week and am trying to figure out how to not wear out my welcome at a few coffee shops.

This month's playlist is very inspired by some of the music happening around me. First off, as a dancer I'm always warming up and practicing to the beats of good electronic music, and with NXNE happening in our city, Canadian music feels like it's wafting through the streets.

Toronto band Metric also just released their fifth studio album, "Synthetica" (which I don't think is as strong as "Fantasties") but Emily Haines and company deliver some interesting vocals and quirky singles.

You might see some unfamiliar artists in this list, as well as some very commercial ones. You're probably wondering way I'm mixing The Black Eyed Peas with Twisted Sister, but trust me, I didn't even know if was Will.i.am crooning those notes at first.

Enjoy the sun, the tuns and let me know if you have any artists/song ideas. I'm always searching for new music.

June 2012 by Portia Favs on Grooveshark
Now back on the hunt for the perfect rooftop patio for a soiree this weekend...PS graduation pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment