Wednesday, June 20, 2012

gotham.

After months and months digital and electronic mentoring (thank goodness for email and cell phones), I finally have gotten video footage of my dancers performing my choreography in British Columbia.

I'm slowly but surely getting all my pieces uploaded. First up is my duet featuring dancers Brittney and Keanu.

This piece was inspired by Batman and Catwoman fighting/dancing. I have always been fascinated with the relationship between the two fictional characters, and these two dancers let me run with the concept.

This was definitely taking a step away from what we would normally see in the contemporary competition dance category, but it was well received! These two did so well every time they performed, and the duet placed first overall, platinum and in the top 10 several times at competition.

We took a chance and went against the grain. It was more than worth it.

Thank you to my beautiful dancers who made my vision come alive. Who knows? There might be part two - there are many more characters lurking in Gotham...


"Gotham"
Dancers: Brittney Rost and Keanu Herzog
Choreography by Portia Favro

More footage of the solos I choreographed are coming up soon!

PS thank you to so many for all your support in my emerging choreography career. Your help means the world to me. There is so much more to come, stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:49 AM

    This is AMAZING Portia!!! Your choreography is creative and beautiful, and these dancers certainly did it justice. You're so talented :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow thank you so much Jen!! Hope all is well with you and the Vancouver move goes smoothly! Have a great summer :)

    ReplyDelete