Monday, May 14, 2012

pull.


Let's face it - people in our society are obsessed with age.

My body has drastically changed in the past five years especially.

My rebound/recovery time is much faster than even what it was a few years ago. For the first time, I feel the strongest I have ever been, and I finally see it in the way I move and dance. There were little muscles hiding under there all these years!

Obviously in my early twenties, I don't have the same aches and pains some twice my age do, but there are days when my ankles literally feel like thin pieces of glass.

However, the strength I feel no matter what kind of dance I'm doing is what keeps me pushing on.

Mentally, I am realizing I see the world through a different light - especially choreography and journalism.

Four years ago at this time, I had a swollen knee and aspired to be a magazine writer. Now, I'm dreaming of choreography in my head (some that has done so well at competition - I'm so proud and happy!) and see understand there are much bigger issues to write and broadcast on the news.

I know some people talk about their drive dying out, but I'm realizing mine is changing.

Yes, there are slower weeks, but that drive is still here.

I wrote a few weeks ago about feeling pulls into certain things. Again, I'm feeling another pull to keep creating and show what I'm made of.

After a very successful competition season, I can now add "award-winning choreographer" to my resume. I wrote a bit ago about feeling "pulls" not pushes towards things. Right now, I feel pulled in a couple directions and things are starting to work out the way they are.

My artistic director said to me once, "Good things will happen, they just won't come all at the same time because it's overwhelming. But put in the work and they will come."

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment