Wednesday, May 30, 2012

children.


I heard a really interesting quote today that got me thinking.

"The creative adult is the child who survived."

Hmm...half of me really believes this. Whenever I'm working with children teaching dance or interacting with new/young parents and their kin, it's amazing to hear what the little ones think.

Their take on the world is fascinating, and what they get out certain things, places and events can be vastly different than adults.

On the other hand, I know many adults who would not necessarily call themselves "creative" but still come up with brilliant ideas.

From their experience, they pull elements from things that worked and present them in a realistic fashion.

Does this mean they are children? Or are we all just children that never really grew up?

I do enjoy (and wholeheartedly agree) with the Kate Spade quote about children:

"Dress up starts at age five and never really stops."

Some little things to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment